Pregnancy Physio Carnegie, Melbourne
Physiolates have been providing comprehensive care for over 20 years for women who are pregnant in Melbourne’s South East including; Carnegie, Glen Huntly, Caulfield & Ormond.
Pelvic floor muscles are stretched and weakened during pregnancy, and when giving birth vaginally. Are you doing your pelvic floor exercises?
Did you know that 1 in 3 women don’t perform pelvic floor exercises correctly?
Come and see our pelvic floor trained physiotherapist at Glen Eira Physiotherapy, and get yourself on the right track for pregnancy and beyond!
At our clinic we can help you with the treatment of:
- SACRO-ILIAC JOINT PAIN: pain in one or both buttocks with back pain.
- LOWER BACK PAIN: often caused by an alteration in posture as a result of the growing foetus. It could be cause purely by joint and muscle stiffness or in some other cases by a disc pathology.
- PUBIC SYMPHYSIS PAIN: pain in pubic region, usually made worse by standing on one leg or excessive separation of legs.
- CARPEL TUNNEL SYNDROME: wristpain, pins and needles and numbness in the hand
- RIB PAIN: caused by the expansion of the rib cage to accommodate the baby.
- DIATASIS RECTUS ABDOMINUS: This often presents as a bulge running vertically down from the stomach. This is the separation of the tummy muscle caused by pregnancy. It is imperative to catch it early. If you notice it during pregnancy the right advice and exercise is important. It is also very important not to start a gym program prior to advice.
- THORACIC PAIN: pain around the bra strap area often begins during pregnancy and can be made worse after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
*When booking an appointment please inform reception whether you are requiring assistance for continence or back pain so we can book you in with the correct team member*