Vestibular Physiotherapy & Vertigo Treatment Carnegie, Melbourne
Vestibular Rehabilitation is a type of specialized Physiotherapy that can improve dizziness and balance in most people by providing exercises designed to re-train the vestibular (inner ear balance) system.
Dizziness is a prevalent problem affecting up to 20% of all adults and around 10% of Children. The Vertigo Co is a specialist Physiotherapy service treating adults and children (aged 10 and up) affected by Vertigo, dizziness, and balance-related problems such as unsteadiness or falls.
Our Physiotherapists tailor exercises based on your initial assessment to suit your needs and provide you with the best treatment outcome.
Physiotherapy may involve:
- Canalith Repositioning Manoeuvres: to treat dislodged crystals in a condition known as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV).
- Gaze stability exercises: which involves moving your head while maintaining fixed on a target to retrain a reflex between your eyes and ears.
- Habituation exercises: repeated exposure to movement which may make you dizzy in order to settle down your symptoms over time.
- Balance exercises: various exercises that challenge your balance in order to help you feel more steady on your feet and improve your balance over time.
GLEN EIRA PHYSIOTHERAPY
Conditions We Treat
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Vestibular Migraine
- Vestibular Neuritis/Labyrinthitis
- Meniere’s Disease
- Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness (PPPD)
- Mal De Debarquement Syndrome (MdDS)
- Acoustic Neuroma/Vestibular Schwannoma
- Post COVID-19 or Post Vaccination Dizziness
- Vestibular Paroxysmia
- Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence
- Age related balance dysfunction
- Balance Dysfunction as a result of Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons Disease, Cerebellar Ataxia
GLEN EIRA PHYSIOTHERAPY
Who is The Vertigo Co?
I have worked within the field of Neurological Physiotherapy since graduating in 2010 with a special interest in Vestibular and Cerebellar Disorders, having completed both the basic and advanced Australian Physiotherapy (APA) Vestibular Rehabilitation Courses in 2011 and 2012, respectively, the Susan Herdman Vestibular Rehabilitation Basic and Advanced Competency courses in 2013 and 2015 and the 360 NeuroGO Advanced Diagnostics course in 2023. I’m also a regular attendee of the Neuro-Otology Society of Australia (NOTSA) Conference, having presented on many occasions.
More recently, I have branched into the treatment of Vestibular Disorders in School-aged Children and Adolescence in 2021. I am also experienced in the assessment and treatment of Cerebellar Disorders, having worked for the last five years towards the advancement of a novel diagnostic system for the assessment and treatment of Cerebellar Ataxia. In my time as a Research Assistant, I have published seven first-author publications and co-authored 28 publications in the field of Vestibular and Cerebellar Disorders. I am also interested in progressive neurological disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease.
If you’re interested in recovering from your Dizziness and Balance problem, contact me today; we would be happy to help!
Physiotherapy Near Me: Get Directions From Your Location
Physiolates have been providing comprehensive care to patients in Melbourne’s South East. We are a multi-disciplinary clinic with highly experienced staff dedicated to providing high-quality care to our patients.