Sexual Pain & Chronic Pelvic Pain Carnegie
- Is it painful for you to have a Pap smear or try to insert a tampon?
- Is intercourse painful, or is it impossible for you to have intercourse?
- Is severe period pain or constant pelvic pain (lower tummy, vulval or vaginal pain) seriously impacting on your daily activities and mood?
Sexual and pelvic pain is often a private problem, and many women suffer in silence or undergo multiple examinations without finding a cause for the pain. At Glen Eira Physiotherapy, we can help you with sexual and pelvic pain. Often the pelvic floor muscles are in protective mode, and may be too tight. Our pelvic floor trained physiotherapist will perform a thorough assessment, explain your condition, and then develop an appropriate treatment plan with you to help you achieve your health goals.
What does my assessment involve?
- History & details about your pain
- Medical, surgical, obstetric, sexual and exercise history
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment
What might my treatment involve?
- Helping you find your pelvic floor muscles, and learn to relax them
- Deep breathing exercises
- Chronic pain education
- Vaginal dilators
- Stretches & general relaxation