- Do you get a dragging or bulging feeling in your vagina?
- Is it also difficult to empty your bladder or bowel?
- Has your doctor ever told you that you have a prolapse?
Do you have prolapse problems?
At Glen Eira Physiotherapy we can help you! Pelvic floor muscles are often a part of the problem; in most cases they are weak and need strengthening, but they may also be poorly co-ordinated, or overactive and tight. Our pelvic floor trained physiotherapist will perform a thorough assessment, explain your condition, and then develop an appropriate treatment plan with you to help you achieve your health goals.
What does my assessment involve?
- History & details about your bladder/bowel/prolapse problems
- Medical, surgical, obstetric, sexual and exercise history
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment
What might my treatment involve?
- Individualised pelvic floor muscle training program
- Good bladder & bowel habits
- Bladder training & urge suppression
- Bowel routine training
- Defaecation training (how to empty your bowels)
- Fluid/fibre/laxative advice
- Lifestyle & exercise advice