Pregnancy Pilates near Glen Huntly | Pre & Post Natal Clinical Pilates Classes
Pregnancy Pilates near Glen Huntly
At Glen Eira Physiotherapy, our team of physios offer comprehensive, specifically designed PREGNANCY PILATES programs for all local Glen Huntly residents and surrounding communities.
Prepare your body for childbirth! Our physios have a special interest and many years of experience in treating common musculoskeletal pregnancy complaints as well as designing safe pilates programs for pregnancy.
Pregnancy Pilates is the ideal way to strengthen your core and help prepare your body for childbirth. Our programs are individually designed. We believe in small group pilates and limit the groups to 4 people.
At our clinic we can help you with the treatment of:
- SACRO-ILIAC JOINT PAIN: pain in one or both buttocks with back pain.
- LOWER BACK PAIN: often caused by an alteration in posture as a result of the growing foetus. It could be cause purely by joint and muscle stiffness or in some other cases by a disc pathology.
- PUBIC SYMPHYSIS PAIN: pain in pubic region, usually made worse by standing on one leg or excessive separation of legs.
- CARPEL TUNNEL SYNDROME: wristpain, pins and needles and numbness in the hand
- RIB PAIN: caused by the expansion of the rib cage to accommodate the baby.
- DIATASIS RECTUS ABDOMINUS: This often presents as a bulge running vertically down from the stomach. This is the separation of the tummy muscle caused by pregnancy. It is imperative to catch it early. If you notice it during pregnancy the right advice and exercise is important. It is also very important not to start a gym program prior to advice.
- THORACIC PAIN: pain around the bra strap area often begins during pregnancy and can be made worse after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Rebate through private health insurance extras may be available.