Chronic Pain Treatment Carnegie
Chronic, by definition, ‘persists’ or lasts beyond the time it takes for normal tissue healing to complete. That is, usually beyond 3-6 months.
At this stage in your recovery, other body and mind systems become involved in your pain experience, including immune, nervous, hormonal, behavioural and emotional contributors to your pain. So, in managing chronic pain, it’s important to consider multiple factors that may influence your pain experience – this is known as a biopsychosocial approach to management – and these factors are different for everyone. Addressing single factors in isolation (e.g. joint stiffness) is unlikely to make a real difference to your pain experience.
Current evidence now shows us that Rehabilitation and exercise is the most effective modality in managing pain. At Glen Eira Physiotherapy and Physiolates our physios have a special interest in managing chronic pain through the use of rehabilitation and exercise and will design an individualised exercise program for you.
GLEN EIRA PHYSIOTHERAPY
Our approach involves working with your other health professions to:
- Understand the impact of your pain on your life – your physical function, mental health and social interactions.
- Examine your particular pain type. There are different types of pains and each type requires a different approach.
- Help reduce opioid based medications and other pain killers which is an important part of your recovery.
- Work with you to determine what components of care you require, and in what order, to take control of your pain.
- Exercise and physical activity
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Education about pain
- Help with pacing activity
- Strategies to cope with pain and low mood
Chronic Pain Treatment Near Me: Get Directions From Your Location
Physiolates have been providing comprehensive care to patients in Melbourne’s South East. We are a multi-disciplinary clinic with highly experienced staff dedicated to providing high-quality care to our patients.