Bulk Billing Physio Melbourne
Do you have a chronic condition? Ask your GP if you may be eligible for a care plan (Enhanced Primary Care Program). There are certain criteria you will need to meet and only your GP (NOT us) will know if you are eligible. A number of the physios at our clinic will bulk bill patients who are on this plan.
"The Chronic Disease Management (formerly Enhanced Primary Care or EPC) — GP services on the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) enable GPs to plan and coordinate the health care of patients with chronic or terminal medical conditions, including patients with these conditions who require multidisciplinary, team-based care from a GP and at least two other health or care providers." (Australian Department of Health)
- A Medicare rebate is available for a maximum of five services per patient each calendar year. Additional services are not possible in any circumstances.
- If a provider accepts the Medicare benefit as full payment for the service, there will be no out-of-pocket cost. If not, the patient will have to pay the difference between the fee charged and the Medicare rebate.
- Patients must have a GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangements prepared by their GP, or be residents of a residential aged care facility who are managed under a multidisciplinary care plan.
- Referrals to allied health providers must be from GPs.
- Allied health providers must report back to the referring GP.
Some of our physio's provide bulk billing for our clients. If you qualify, you can receive up to 5 physiotherapy treatments per year on the Enhanced Primary Care Program.
(Source: Australian Department of Health, 2019)