Incontinence Treatment Carnegie, Melbourne
- Do you have to rush to the toilet?
- Do you leak from your bowels when you are trying to get to the toilet?
- Can you control wind if you need to?
- Do you have to strain to empty your bowels?
- Does it take more than a minute to empty your bowels?
- Does it ever feel like you haven’t emptied fully after a bowel movement?
Do you have bowel problems?
At Glen Eira Physiotherapy we can help you! Pelvic floor muscles are often a part of the problem; in most cases they are weak and need strengthening, but they may also be poorly co-ordinated, or overactive and tight. Our pelvic floor trained physiotherapist will perform a thorough assessment, explain your condition, and then develop an appropriate treatment plan with you to help you achieve your health goals.
What does my assessment involve?
- History & details about your bowel problems
- Medical, surgical, obstetric, sexual and exercise history
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment
What might my treatment involve?
- Individualised pelvic floor muscle training program
- Good bowel habits
- Bowel routine training
- Defaecation training (how to empty your bowels)
- Fluid/fibre/laxative advice
- Lifestyle & exercise advice
Conticare are leaders in providing incontinence products for the elderly, adults, women, men, teenagers and youth throughout Victoria. Their products range from incontinence pads, adult diapers, adult pull ups, adult incontinence products, women's nappies, men's nappies, incontinence pants, disposable bed pads, washable bed pads, disposable incontinence products, washable incontinence products and disposable underwear.