- Do you have to rush to the toilet?
- Do you leak from your bowels when you are trying to get to the toilet?
- Can you control wind if you need to?
- Do you have to strain to empty your bowels?
- Does it take more than a minute to empty your bowels?
- Does it ever feel like you haven’t emptied fully after a bowel movement?
Do you have bowel problems?
At Glen Eira Physiotherapy we can help you! Pelvic floor muscles are often a part of the problem; in most cases they are weak and need strengthening, but they may also be poorly co-ordinated, or overactive and tight. Our pelvic floor trained physiotherapist will perform a thorough assessment, explain your condition, and then develop an appropriate treatment plan with you to help you achieve your health goals.
What does my assessment involve?
- History & details about your bowel problems
- Medical, surgical, obstetric, sexual and exercise history
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment
What might my treatment involve?
- Individualised pelvic floor muscle training program
- Good bowel habits
- Bowel routine training
- Defaecation training (how to empty your bowels)
- Fluid/fibre/laxative advice
- Lifestyle & exercise advice