Urinary Incontinence Treatment Carnegie
- Do you leak urine when you cough, sneeze or try to do exercise?
- Do you have to rush to the toilet?
- Do you leak urine before you can get to the toilet?
- Do you go to the toilet more than 6-7 times in the day?
- Do you get up to the toilet twice or more in the night?
- Are you worried about where the nearest toilet is, or do you plan your trips around knowing where the toilets are?
Do you have bladder problems?
At Glen Eira Physiotherapy we can help you! Pelvic floor muscles are often a part of the problem; in most cases they are weak and need strengthening, but they may also be poorly co-ordinated, or overactive and tight. Our pelvic floor trained physiotherapist will perform a thorough assessment, explain your condition, and then develop an appropriate treatment plan with you to help you achieve your health goals.
What does my assessment involve?
- History & details about your bladder problems
- Medical, surgical, obstetric, sexual and exercise history
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment
What might my treatment involve?
- Individualised pelvic floor muscle training program
- Good bladder habits
- Bladder training & urge suppression
- Fluid/fibre/laxative advice
- Lifestyle & exercise advice